Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Modernist Text Experiment
This project was very frustrating at first because I really don't like writing poetry. Steins poetry was extremely hard to understand so I had no idea what or how I should write a poem about an object, food and a room. I decided to make my poems somewhat humorous because if I took this too seriously I would end up with a blank mind and no poem. I think my poems are successful, they aren't to be taken to seriously, just quick and random descriptions of an object, food, and a room. I used short and to the point sentences about what I was describing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think your experimental poems turned out great - especially the 2 word versions. Do you think that Stein's poetry style requires more from the reader? Do the gaps and the vague meanings ask the reader to invest more of her own subjectivity into the poetry? How is this different from passively reading a conventional text?
Post a Comment