Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Magic Realism Collage - Slow Life

For my magic realism collage I decided I wanted to be a turtle. The reason for this is because I need to slow down my life and not be so vulnerable to the crazy world we live in today. Turtles are not in a hurry, but they have a hard shell to protect themselves from their slow pace. Everyone is always going, going, going, and they don’t take anytime for themselves and for personal reflection. People are afraid if they slow down their lifestyles to enjoy the simple things in life they will fall behind or something bad will happen. I picked my environment to be a nature scene because it is so relaxing and it goes along with my theme of slowing down and enjoying simple things in life. I spent a good chunk of last Saturday afternoon at a park with my best friend from home swinging and playing with her nephew and it was one the best and most relaxing days I have had in a long time. I think slowing down your life is something a lot of people need to do. If you don’t spend any time for self reflection you will never be able to find your own identity or the person you really want to be.

No comments: